Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Update

Well, Things are going good on the home front. Barrett and I are doing well and I am going back and forth with my stomach. Oneday I will be okay and other days not so good. Well, just want to share a little English lesson for you today:

What's Up?

There is a little word in the English language that has more meanings than any other two letter word, and that is "UP". It's easy to understand UP. It means "in the direction of the sky, or towards the top". But, not to be mixed UP about UP, and to be knowledgeable about the proper uses of UP, look UP the word UP in the dictionary.

When we awaken in the morning, why do we wake UP? At a meeting, why does a topic come UP? Why do speak UP and why are the officers UP for election while it is UP to the secretary to write UP a report? We hurry UP, trying not to goof UP.

We call UP or friends. we brighten UP a room by polishing UP the silver and clean UP the house. Then we warm UP the left-overs. We put things UP and lock UP. Some fix UP old cars that others tore UP. When it rains, water can mess things UP, but when it stops, things dry UP.

At other times, the little word has special meaning. People stir UP trouble, line UP for tickets, work UP an appetite and think UP excuses. To be dressed is one thing but to be dressed UP is special. I had to bring that UP.

This is confusing: A drain must be opened UP, becasue it is clogged UP. After we speed UP, we slow UP. We open a store UP in the morning, but we close UP at night. Getting fed UP? Maybe you're not Up to this! Build UP a list of the many ways UP is used. It will take UP some time, but don't give UP and you'll wind UP with hundred or more.

One could go on and on, but I'll wrap it UP, as my time is about UP. It is time for me to shut UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Midland, North Carolina, United States
I am 33 and trying to Live my life daily for Christ. I have learned over the last year that this is not an easy task. I have felt joy, love, anger, and sorrow because of the trials that I have been through. I know that God has allowed me to experience these things so that He can be glorified in all of this. I know to some, this makes no since. To others this will make perfect since. My prayer is that through this Blogg God can be glorified and people can be encouraged. Thank you.